Image Map

A Teacher's Guide to Summer Break

Finally a break....

Is it just me or does anyone else have such a hard time adjusting to summer break? The school year is full of data, lesson planning, SLOs, committees, teaching, behavior, meetings, and more. And then.......NOTHING.

Don't get me wrong, summer break is AWESOME, but transitioning from busy, busy, busy to nada is tough.

So, I developed this guide to help you with your summer break.

1. NAP

Rest and learn how to do nothing. You need it. Recharge. Turn off the lights and electronics. Invest in blackout curtains. Get a face mask. If you need to, get some earplugs. JUST NAP WHILE YOU CAN.

2. SWIM

Get outside and swim or just lay on a raft in a pool. Vitamin C helps us all and I don't know about you, but Pennsylvanians lack Vitamin C in the Winter. Just being in the sun and water cheers me up and relaxes me.



3. BINGE WATCH A SHOW

During the school year, I have to DVR all of my shows and rarely get to catch up on them all. I watch them at night or on the weekends if I can. Take this time off to watch whatever the heck you can and relax.

4. EAT ICE CREAM

Look online and find the best Ice Cream Parlor's around your city. We recently just found one and now we are obsessed. It's amazing how happy ice cream makes you and it's fun to discover new places.



5. JOIN A GYM

I guess it makes sense to add this one after my "eat ice cream" "lay around all day and do nothing" posts. Working out helps you relax, build confidence, and reduce stress. The great thing about some gyms is that they sometimes offer childcare! Get some "me" time in!

6. GO ON A VACATION

Life is short. Get out there and go somewhere! Even if it is for a day or overnight. Experiences are way better than spending money on "things".



7. READ SOME BOOKS

Find some great books and read them. Just relax and get lost in your book.

8. DEBATE DOING THE OTHER 500 THINGS YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO THIS SUMMER

I know you do this too! I used to bring home tons of school stuff with the intention to get something done this summer for work. This summer, I didn't bring home anything, except my laminator. It is summer break. This is the time for ME to recharge and relax. I also say that I will paint rooms in my house, organize the laundry room, redo my kitchen....NOPE. NOT. HAPPENING. SORRY....

No comments:

Post a Comment